SRES Senior Real Estate Specialist
Category: Designations and Certifications
Start Date: 12/3/2019 at 9:00 AM
End Date: 12/4/2019 at 5:00 PM
Course Description The SRES® designation course seeks to instill knowledge and understanding of and empathy for 50+ real estate clients and customers. Develop the business building skills and resources needed for specialization in the 50+ real estate market.
The SRES® designation program provides professional training and development suitable for continuing education credit. SRES® Designation Course Learning
- Learn distinguishing characteristics and trends of the 50+ market so that you can discern them in your own market area.
- Evaluate your market area attractiveness to the 50+ market.
- Master the vocabulary of the range of housing options for the 50+ market.
- Learn the application of federal laws for Housing for Older Persons Act (HOPA).
- Develop business building outreach methods for communicating and gaining 50+ market share.
- Adapt methods for counseling the 50+ buyer and sellers.
- Stay focused on the transaction and avoid inappropriate involvement in family matters.
- Develop sensitivities to 50+ issues and priorities when counseling buyers and sellers, showing properties, and managing transactions.
- Develop services that win and sustain client and customer relationships and position you as a trusted real estate advisor.
- Assemble a team of experts to help you serve 50+ clients and customers.
- Learn about the uses, benefits, procedures, and issues involved in reverse mortgages.
- Learn about uses of pensions, 401k accounts, and IRAs in real estate transactions.
- Gain an understanding of how Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security impact 50+ real estate decisions.
- Recognize mortgage finance and loan schemes and scams that victimize 50+ borrowers.
- Identify key life stages, viewpoints, and transitions in relation to housing choices.
- Recognize how a home can be adapted for safety, comfort, and aging in place.
- Help clients integrate disposition of real property into estate plans.
How to Earn your SRES® designation: For details on earning your SRES® designation, go to http://seniorsrealestate.com/earn-sres-designation/how-earn-your-sres.
For additional information on the SRES® designation, go to http://www.seniorsrealestate.com/.
GAR Scholarships: This course is eligible for a GAR Scholarship. For information, Click Here http://garealtor.com/Education/Scholarships/tabid/256)